2018 Dubuque Gymnastics Team Members
Amelia Artingstall (6), Calvary Coffman(3), Emily Goodpaster(6), Natalie Goodpaster(3), Maya Hoefelmeyer(3), Romona Hinton(3), Anaka Hosch(4), Aleah Johnson(5), Ivery Kluever(3), Maelyn Kluever(4), Vivia Kluever(3), Grace Kolker(5), Catherine Littlewood(6), Ava Loebach(3), Lily Morehead(4), Grace Murphy(4), Carly Runde(4), Sage Skidmore(3), Finley Starr(4), Hayden Wood(3)
Fees and Hours:
- The Dubuque Gymastics Team competes levels 3 and up. We are members of the USA Gymnastics Competitive Program
- Athletes practice 3 – 5 days a week (September – May)
- Competitive Team hours are at least 3 days a week (M, W, S for DBQ) (T, Th Fr for Maq) for 9 hours a week / $180 per month.
- Additional hours are $5 per hour. For the best success we recommend: Level 3 – 9 hours, Level 4/5 – 11 hours, Level 6/7 – 12 to 14 hours.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to set this up
- During the summer, the team attends for longer hours and pricing is different. This can be found on the summer schedule.
- Athletes will attend competition class well before they are ready to compete. Coach, Athlete and Parents will agree on competition
time as a team with the recommendation of our head coach.
- Students need to be registered, attending all the days and all hours to be eligible to compete. The head coach assigns their level, and
all skills must be mastered before they are eligible to compete. Athletes are usually on team a year before they are ready to
- Students take all year around
- In June you will pay a Membership fee to compete is $100. This covers USAG / USTA Membership fees.
- All competitive gymnastics team members are automatically on the tumbling team.
- Those who attend competitive gymnastics class are invited to attend tumbling team class at no extra charge. This Saturday class
meets next to their competitive gym time on Saturday. The only additional charge for tumbling team is the price of your tumbling
- Studio / Team Warm Up and Studio / Team Bag (takes 10 – 12 weeks)
- Competition Leotard (takes 12 – 14 weeks)
- Also, elastics / tape wrap, medical scissors, nail clippers, band aids, extra leotard, hair ties, hair spray or product that you use, such as
- This is a year around event. Students follow our regular lesson schedule (the Tuesday after labor day – the Friday before Memorial
Day) .Their summer schedule (runs 7 – 8 weeks from the middle of June – the middle of August) this fee is paid upfront before
summer starts (unless you need a payment schedule – please ask Miss Dee).
- Athletes are also required to attend pre summer practice and pre fall practices. Both pre-summer and pre-fall are separate prices,
and are listed on the calendar. If the student plans on taking any time off, there is a mandatory 30 day written notice. Family
vacation time off is expected, please just notify the office when this comes up.
- If a students misses a class, we understand – but your must send written notification via email. Students are expected to be at the
level requested – so if a class is missed, they should make up, condition and practice at home.
- All competitors should eat appropriately (whole – fresh foods – fruits, veggies (5 – 8 per day), eggs and whole grains (not cold
cereal)), 8 – 12 glasses of water, absolutely no pop or flavored drinks, stretch legs and backs on a daily basis and condition their abs
for maximum outcome.
- If our recommended schedule is altered in any way, please know it will directly affect the progress of your student. The program is
set up specifically to progress and develop your child, if you choose to alter it, we understand, but YOU are also choosing to alter their
level and development.
- We compete in approximately 5 – 7 gymnastics meets a year. Students are not required to attend all meets, but you must RSVP your
intentions ahead of time, dates are given on your meet page. Confirmation of registration and your payment will also be listed on
- YOU MUST NEVER MISS THE PRACTICE BEFORE COMPETITION!
Meet locations / fees / sign up / meet times:
- The meets we attend are mostly on the eastern half of the state.
- Parents, family members are friends are barred from being on the competition surfaces, questioning directors or judges at meet
site, as this can restrict your athlete from competing per organization’s rules. See you head coach if you need assistance.
- We attend one State Meet, if your student qualifies for this meet, this will also be an option for them
- Meet fees are $80 per meet, this covers their individual fee and team fee.
- Meet sign up is posted right on our web site. Payment is due in our office by the requested date. We will confirm registration and
payment right on your page.
- The address of the meet site is always on the original document. So you will know the address and be able to map out distance and
location before you commit to the meet.
- Meet times are distributed as soon as we receive them. Many times it is the weekend before competition.
- Parents are responsible to have their competitor: Arrive on time to the designated site and report as directed on time, dressed and
ready for competition, with a nutritional breakfast (eggs, toast and fruit – no doughnuts, pancakes, waffles, sugar cereal as these
foods will affect their memory under pressure and their emotions). No finger nail or toe nail polish, no earrings or jewelry, hair
secure and professionally placed, and be happy. Please relay your choices as soon as you are able so we can make sure your athlete is
set up correctly. Leotards will be charged ($119.99) and ordered and Membership fees will run July 1st ($100 and includes tumbling